Department of Fashion Designing and Apparel Making
The Department of Fashion Designing and Apparel Making is a world where, art meets business, dream meets reality. It offers an opportunity to the students where fame and fortune come soaring on the wings of imagination, innovation and enterprise. The theory and practical are taught in such a way to enable the students to keep pace with the process of modernization and upgradation of techniques in the textile industry. It aims to produce skilled students in the field of Tailoring and Craft.
B.Sc Fashion Designing & Apparel Making - Year of establishment 2006
Certificate course in Fashion Designing (1 year)
To mould each student with fine value systems which can help them to be the professional designers with a holistic approach.
- To impart professional education covering the whole spectrum of activities in the realm of Fashion and Textiles, Design and Management.
- To develop Design Professionals with a dynamic global outlook, a sense of social responsibility, critical and creative thinking.
- Prepare to tackle complex 21st Century challenges facing the world.
- Provide exposure of latest tools and technologies in the area of engineering and technology.
- To create, share, and apply knowledge in Computer Science, including in interdisciplinary areas that extend the scope of Computer Science and benefit humanity.
- To introduce garment making skills.
- To develop employable skills in designing of apparel.
- To introduce students to the world of Fashion Designing through pattern development.
- To train the students for getting more job opportunities.
- Encourage research activities of faculty members and students.
- Create self-confidence to the students for self-employment
- To develop professional competency and employable skills in the field of Apparel, Design & Garment related technology.
- To develop the student to become a successful person in her life.