"Let us praise His name together!" - Psalm 34:3
Holy Cross Home Science College is an ardent worker for the upliftment of women education. Ever since its inception in 1975, Holy Cross Home Science College has contributed in the pursuit of knowledge, discipline and acquiring skills to excel in the near future.
The association is a second chance for the passed out students, to relive their college life through their active participation in the college activities. The success of the alumni lies in the active participation of its members. The Alumni Association aims to support the motto of our college "Love and Serve". It also has taken an initiative to engage in the activities that promote the reputation of our college. It is a quintessential example Sheep scatter without a Shepard, similarly unless there is a leader, organising alumni meetings stay as a sour fruit. For this purpose, eminent leaders are designated and placed in the following posts:
- Patron – Rev.Dr.Sr.Mary Hilda
- Alumini President– Mrs.M.P.Gayathri
- Alumini Secretary– Ms.R.Anantha Laxmi
- Staff Treasurer – Mrs.Geraldine P Rayen
- Staff Convener - Mrs.S.M.D.Mathuravalli
In recent years, Holy Cross Home Science College Alumni Association has made a great progress in its mission to enable alumni connections and foster a meaningful and lasting relationship. It has been a roller coaster ride for the alumni in past years, but now this has seen a steady growth, attracting more students and a strong reach. In order to create a strong bond with the alumni and to drop a line with them to ensure their active partaking in the association activities, the members of the alumni associations have created a powerful network through the World Wide Web.
The websites to look out for is:
The e-mail exclusively created for the Alumni Association is firstname.lastname@example.org. Further more steps have been taken to impart the maximum benefit of old students to our Alma Mater.
As a part of our wonderful wing we have planned to do more welfare activities in order to bring vibrancies in the college by the alumni, the following are the activities planned by the association
- To conduct seminars and workshops at the intercollegiate level
- To conduct intra college competitions
- To strengthen communication between alumni and the College and to develop and support alumni volunteer leadership
- To increase the alumni volunteer base and alumni participation and involvement in college activities
- To enhance alumni participation in fund raising activities
Therefore, I would request all the alumni to give a reach to our Alumni Association among the old students of our college and also to involve in activities for the betterment of our college.