DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
English is one of the most important languages in the world. No one can deny the importance of English in contemporary times since it is the second most spoken language in the world and the lingua franca in many professions. It is the language of science, technology, education, employment, trade, economy, commerce, medicine, aviation, and so on. It acts as a link language among people of different cultures.
Paramount of the College
The English Department of the College plays a major role in the overall personality development of the students. They help to strengthen the English language skills of the students, many of whom arrive with poor communication skills in the language. The teachers fulfill the objectives of these courses by developing the four basic skills of language - listening, speaking, reading and writing - by exposing the students to literary texts, thereby sensitizing them to literature and helping them to give vent to their creative expressions by engaging them with some real life issues of the present times. Apart from teaching the prescribed papers, the Department plays an active role in preparing them for various intra and inter-college debate and declamation competitions and grooms them for their professional life.
Year of Establishment
BACHELOR OF ENGLISH (SATELLITE COURSE) - 2010 - 2013
BACHELOR OF ENGLISH (REGULAR) - 2013 ONWARDS
MASTER OF ENGLISH - 2016 ONWARDS
- To empower the students with holistic knowledge and improve communication skills.
- To guide them to march towards their goal by upholding the values of social progress and commitment
- To cater to the need of the students hailing from the rural, marginalized and weaker section.
- To foster a love for language, enhance literary creativity and provide an avenue for self expression beyond the curriculum.
- To support the learning process by providing environments where teaching, research, training, and practice complement each other.
- To help students develop critical thinking in all subjects and foster a positive attitude towards professional development, further studying, and lifelong learning.
- To equip the students with critical, analytical, conceptual and communication skills which will enable them to work in many professions such as teaching, journalism, publishing, translations, editing etc
- To develop the literary skills of the students.
- To develop a taste of Literature and work in the direction of educating their spoken and written language.
- To develop a variety of activities aimed at building up the confidence and grooming the talents of students in facing various interpersonal activities and competitions.