The club is involved in orienting the students to contribute towards
- A plastic free campus
- Beautifying the campus
- Smoke-free in and around campus
- Sapling of plants
The motto of the club is “Aware, Alert, Act”. It has the mission of educating the students about the rights and responsibilities of the consumers and to enable them to work as a team to question violations of consumer rights and to fight for justice. The club organizes programs to help members of self-help groups exercise their rights, to motivate students to learn more about their rights and to enrich students with basic rights and responsibilities of consumers and also about legal issues and free legal aid.
Youth welfare club has being started in the college in order to help the students discover and strengthen their capabilities and work towards personal fulfillment. The college offers a full range of co-curricular activities under the name of Youth Welfare Club. It aims at bringing out the talents of budding artists and provides exposure for students in various fields. The club prepares teams for participation in Festivals inside and outside campus in items like debate, dance, elocution, quiz, one act play, skit, mime, music- vocal and instrumental etc. All the parties, fresher's day, farewell day, college day, women's day are all organized by this club. Our students too participate in various inter collegiate competitions and brings laurels to the college by winning trophies and prizes.
Career guidance & Placement cell
While stressing the need for further academic endeavor, The Placement Cell, provides the students with an opportunity to work, if they so desire. The cell motivates the students to attend job fairs and campus drives conducted by other institution from time to time. The placement cell organizes workshops and seminars on ‘Entrepreneurial opportunities’ for the students to develop their employability skills. Another hallmark of the cell is that it conducts periodically training programmes in soft skills for the students.
The Career Guidance Cell in association with the departments offers career guidance and conducts career oriented training programmes for final year students. It facilitates campus recruitment for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. The cell focuses on organizing campus drives, career guidance programmes and orientation on options for higher education.
Activities of the cell :
- To gather and disseminate information on job avenues and placement in different institutions and concerns related to the courses that the college offers to interested students.
- Organize seminars and career guidance workshops by experts from the industry and institutions on
- Soft skills
- Interview skills
- Emerging professional trends and events, job profiles, leadership roles, entrepreneurship and career opportunities in different fields of study.
- Creating awareness about the opportunities to pursue higher studies.
- Facilitating the actual recruitment procedure by motivating the students to attend campus drives.
- Prepares database of the graduating students with details about their educational qualification, career choices etc., as when needed.
Grievance Redressal cell
The College has a Grievance Redressal Cell to redress the grievances of its stakeholders. The students approach the Cell to voice their grievances regarding academic, financial, health and other matters. The Cell redresses the grievances by sorting out the problems promptly and judiciously. As a result of this mechanism, the college has a pleasant, ambient atmosphere and good work culture with an in-built goodwill and mutual understanding among its stakeholders.
Students with a genuine grievance may approach the head of the department in person, or in consultation with the staff - in-charge of the Students’ Grievance Cell.Objective:
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institution. A Grievance Cell is constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student and Student-teacher relationship.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Advising students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising all the Students to refrain from inciting students against other students, teachers and college administration
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the principal.
The English Language Lab is located on the first floor of the Administrative Block. The Lab is equipped with audio-visual equipment, a desktop teacher console with 320GB hard drive and a 19 inch flat panel monitor, a projector, a set of speakers. The lab maintains a collection of audio visual materials; full length films as well as instructional video in language and literature are available in CDs and DVDs for instructional use. The college encourages the staff as well as students for the usage of audio visual materials in the language class room and the development of course materials using technology.
Oracle Literary Club
Oracle Literary Club is started in the academic year 2010-2011. The club is committed to tap the effective communication talent among the students. It is poised to enable the talents with cutting edge.
To foster a love for language, enhance literary creativity and provide an avenue for self expression beyond the curriculum
- To develop the literary skills of the students.
- To develop a taste of Literature and work in the direction of educating their spoken and written language.
- To develop a variety of activities aimed at building up the confidence and grooming the talents of students in facing various interpersonal activities and competitions.
The club has initiated competitions in extempore, essay writing, creative writing, poetry writing, debate, elocution, skit, quiz and reading to enhance the speech and oratorical skills.
Nutri Dia Association
The Nutri-Dia Association is a student-staff run organization and provides opportunities to foster and encourage the highest ideals and ethics in the field of nutrition and dietetics and educate the public about better health and nutrition. The purpose is to provide a framework for meaningful student involvement, stimulate interest in the profession of nutrition and dietetics and to increase interaction among faculty and graduate students by providing academic, social and career related events.
The association assists as a networking forum, offers guidance and support for students' concerns and introduces students to professionals in various areas of the nutrition field and the association provides leadership opportunities for students. It holds meetings, featuring guest speakers. All final year under and post graduate students of the department are welcome to participate in this organization.