Youth Welfare Committee (Cultural)
"Coming together is beginnings
Keeping together is progress
Working together is success"
- Henry Ford
Youth welfare club has being started in the college in order to help the students discover and strengthen their capabilities and work towards personal fulfillment. The college offers a full range of co-curricular activities under the name of Youth Welfare Club. It aims at bringing out the talents of budding artists and provides exposure for students in various fields. The club prepares teams for participation in festivals inside and outside campus in items like debate, dance, elocution, quiz, one act play, skit, mime, music- vocal and instrumental etc. All the parties, fresher's day, farewell day, college day, women's day are all organized by this club. Our students too participate in various inter collegiate competitions and brings laurels to the college by winning trophies and prizes.
- To bring to light hidden talents among the students.
- To participate in cultural programmes organized in other colleges.
- To inculcate team spirit and overall development of students.
- To provide a platform for students to showcase their talent and to ensure students engagement apart from their academics.
The focus of our committee is both on practical and theoretical exposure with allow students to develop a complete understanding of the various techniques involved in the three art forms;
- Behalf of our college, our crossian students took part enthusiastically in the competition which was conducted by JCI, Tuticorin Pearl City Jaycee Week 2017 on the month of August 1st to 3rd at Roopavathi Palace, Tuticorin, continuously won the overall shield for the second time.
- With the blessings of God we participated in the competition "Talentia" which was conducted by Alagar Public School, Tuticorin on 31st of August and our students won several prizes
Action Plan 2017-2018
- Organizing all the cultural events in the college
- Encouraging the students to participate inter collegiate cultural events
- Motivating the students to bring out their hidden talents
- Inspiring the students to gain confidence